Sunday, March 11, 2007

Hey guys. I am right now in Kampot, Cambodia. A little town on the river 14 km from the beach and maybe 50km from Vietnam. In true small town style all but main streets are dirt and there really is nothing here except a market and few local shops and restruants.
It is starting to get pretty hot here and even at night it is starting to not cool down. Luckly the place i am staying at is on the river and 20 feet from my room I can just jump in the river. Only draw back is its 3km outside of town andthe food is expensive, but delicious.
I plan to stay here for 2 or 3 days then back to Phen Phem to get few extra pages put into my passport, because I just realize I do not have enough to get back into Thailand. It would been nice to realize that when I was there a week ago.
Just a note: If want to go to nice beach that has not grown up yet go to Shinikville. The lodging and food are cheap and it's really nice place. The roads to most beaches are still dirt and sand and doesn;t take much to walk to your own piece of paridase. The only draw back is the reef around the area is almost completely killed from the years of war; since this was a pol pot strong hold 10 to 15 years ago. Cambodia is still pretty far behind the SE ASia curb, so everyone should get here in the next 5 years before it turns into another Thailand.

1 comment:

kanadians in korea said...

hi there! it's so neat to read your blog entires phillip... can't wait to see pics of africa! em and trent.