Thursday, December 07, 2006


Well I am in Wellington. A city that Whitney my cousin would love. Everyone is fashionable and black seems to be the color of the day. I like Wellington it reminds me of a small SF and it windy; so much so that if turn corner some times it blows you over.
My last tramp adventure was between Able Tasman and Golden Bay. Beutiful place it was. I found it by asking the DOC lady in Nelson if she had four days where would she go and this where I ended up. The area is called Aruther RAnge and not many people come in except on day hikes so I had the place to my self. Yeah I love the woods. I was told that the hitch was going to be impossible which kind of true I had walk alot but caught a hitch in and out amazingly. In fact, I hitch out on Wensday morning hiked like 13km and then luckly caught a ride out after a nice 10 km hike down hill. Then feeling like what the heck I hitch another 189km to Picton and took the ferry to Wellington. I got in at 11pm with no place to stay and if wasn't bad enough Elton John was in Concert and the town was 98% full according to the paper the next day. So i end up sitting in a lobby until midnight and i just put my stuff in a locker and headed to bars to stay up all night. When a room opened up. I am still not exactly happy how much I paid for it, but I was exhausted and the 50% bump in price was going be cheaper than being robbed at bar because I was going to fall asleep especially after a few beers.
So tommorrrow I head up the East Coast with few Fiji friends that just happen to be staying in the same hostel as me. Small world. So I head up there with them to see another mate I met in Fiji; you got to love the traveling circles you end up in.

2 comments:

hlw said...

Looks gorgeous! Sounds like you're still having fun - that's awesome! Fiji will be wonderful - I'm jealous :)

Cole Family said...

Hi Phill! It's great to see your pictures! It is so beautiful there! I hope to go back some day! It is amazing the people you bump into while traveling!

Take care your sis,

Betsy