Thursday, December 14, 2006

Well I am in Auckland now and have 3 short days until I head to Thailand. I been amazed that the Beaches up North are so Tropical and Beutiful and yet the water is still cold. I must admit that I wish I had stay another few days in the South. The north is nice, but the south and the mountains are more my style. I wish I could make it up to the Bay of Island, but looks like I am going to miss it this trip.
It pretty crazy to realize that I am now over a month travel and i still have a 11 months plus to go.
One of the coolest hitches I got was I got picked up by a van of high school Mari kids on a field trip. I got to learn a little Mari and alot about their culture and quiz them on America; alot of fun a true cultural experiece. I also been amazed by the continual hostipitality of the kiwi's. Today my hitch insited to pay for my lunch and coffee. Talk about nice people!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dude!
I was up at Crooked Creek two weekends ago. Used the bag you left at my house. Made me think of the summer camp we took only 3 kids to Oakbride...oh Kent! Miss you in YL (i know it's been a few years, but the year with you, Ryan, Brit, Lauren, Monica, and Zach is by far my fav)...are you allowed to have fav years for YL..oh well, who cares.
How is the holiday season feeling so far away? Less commercialization perhaps? I haven't started shopping at all..eeeeck.
I leave for Europe in just a couple of weeks! I can't believe how fast it is coming up. I'm really excited though!
Any prayer requests for this Christmas season?
Lovin the pics, keep em coming.
Safe travels, dear friend!
~C

Cole Family said...

You are so right the Kiwis are amazing and very hospitable! I'm glad you have met so many cool people!

~ Betsy