Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The truth behind long term travel

i figure most guys might wonder what it like for me to travel for a long time; so decide I blog about it.

Long term travel is mind blowing fun and maybe not so surprising hard and discouraging at times. You have mornings; like this one for me, where you wake up and wonder is worth it to travel being so far from friends, family and comfort of home. i know that this is not something unique to me because alot of other travelors who been out for long time tell me that they also have these feeling now and then.
i have learned that these days are best spent doing nothing in peticular. Stay at same place, splurge on something, read few e-mail from friends and family from home, listen to the i-pod, drink alot of coffee and just be and most importanly for me to have a long QT with the Big Guy. Or today. Watch seinfield on Kim's laptop and doing little blogin. I find it funny that most time during these days at some point I get blown away at how sweet it is to be out here following one of my dreams.
And it is fun traveling, no lie. Eatin exotic food, meeting some most adventures and free spirited people dailly and seeing and experiencing things that only seen on the travel channel. So at no moment feel bad for me in every adventure there is adversity and I feel privialedge that I have such great friends and family and life back home that i get to miss them every once in a while.
One of the great things of being on begining of year of travel is time does not really matter. A week in one place might as well be a day. So this way I never feel like I got to run around to see everything at once and I like this because it breeds spontonousness (is that a word?). So most morning you wake up and move somewhere you found that was cheaper and better than where you were at or go do something that most likely some one the day before told you was sweet. At all times through the day you make mental notes of what is cool to do in town and where people are saying it fun to be or you should go. Fellow Backpackers advice is crutual since they travel and function on the same budget, know the new scams that locals are playing and are always looking for adventure. Yet at the same time i learned that you must find locals and the off the beaten path otherewise you are always around the backpacker crowd and never experience the true side of the country.
Well i hope this gives little insight. Thanks for your guys comments and I will try throw up some pics. i left my camera cable in Bankok so might be a while.

1 comment:

hlw said...

You are blessed!!