Sunday, November 19, 2006

Well I am in Oxford, NZ hanging out with Katie Chambless who here for WYAM. I been here since Saturday afternoon and enjoying this quient town. I been using the adventures mode of transportation of hitch hiking to get around NZ. I thought I start making my way to Cook Mt to do copland pass today or tommorrow, but I have a raving case of the Fiji runs that refuses to go away. So I think that instead I will head to Queens Town and give my body a chance to rid myself of this nasty bug. Then I hope that I can get trekking in the woods.
I am happy to report that I did do some hiking yesterday up Oxford mt. It beutiful cloudy hike to start, but the rain moved in about 2 hours into hike and drove all of us hiking down off the mountain. In fact, it was raining so hard that trail turned into small creek as we all sloshed our way down. Nontheless, it fun adventure and it was hard not think around the corner that Frodo or sam might jump out. The trees around here are covered in this thick black funges that gives everything a look of once being in forest fire. And, yes there are sheep everywhere and even few scottish cows that remind me of the ranch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are having quite the adventure! Unfortunelty getting sick usually works its way into the adventure! But I hope you are feeling better soon! I'm excited that you saw sheep in NZ!!! You will have to take atleast one good picture of one for me!! :) Have you been taking lots of pictures?? I can't wait to see the pictures you post! You take such good photos!! Well, take care, and have a great time!! Looking forward to future postings and pictures!! Love Ya.

Little J

Cole Family said...

Hi Phill! Gosh if you don't get better soon you might want to track down a doctor. My boss got a terrible bacteria in Mexico and had to go on meds while on vacation. But Julie is right, sickness, is part of the adventure. :) Boy I sure remember the rain. The nice part is that suddenly the whole mountain is covered in waterfalls that weren't there before, sometimes coming off the tops of trees depending on how steep the area is. Well take care! Love your sis, Betsy