Sunday, January 07, 2007

Tonight I sat in one safest places in Thailand. Let me explain....... So yesterday I went to buy some meat on a stick; it best way to explain this food they sell on the street. When I bought my food one of the guys motioned to take a seat and we hung out for a bit. The man knew a small amount of english and was very hospitable so sat and talked and learned that he was a police officer here in Sukhothai; well I pretty sure that what he was saying. After a while I went back to my guest house and slept. Tonight I found myself looking for one last bit to eat and long behold I walked by the same meat on a stick place. So once again the man insisted that take a seat and have a beer with him. So there we sat drinking beer and listening to the radio of his truck. So through drawing on paper to make up for my lack of thai and his lack of english we held a good broken conversation. Which I learned that he is a sergeant in the local police and work as a plain clothes detective. He also carries a glock 9mm hand gun which I go to check out. As the night went along all his co-workers showed up and had few drinks with me. So really, I sat on the street in Thailand surrounded by a lot of cops trying talk about/ check out women, how much we make, rent, guns and life in general. At one point I just had to laugh at how unique this situation was. The younger guys wanted to take me clubbing and night out on the town. Which would have been fun, but I am pretty sure they wanted to take me to brothel; so I declined. Luckily my guest house has internet so jumped on to share this moment with you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil!! Thanks for calling me!! It is amazing a how good the connection can be...you sounded like you were next door! We miss you but are glad you are having a great time!! Be safe and talk to you soon!

Your sis,

Betsy

Anonymous said...

that's so awesome... lol. life is so quirky.

Unknown said...

lookie lookie, but no touchy touchy smart move.
safe travels
tyler