Saturday, January 13, 2007

HELLO FROM LOAS

I crossed the boarder to loas yesterday (saturday/friday your time). The capital city is pretty sleepy, but the river that runs through it is buetiful. It can be pretty cheap here. The night before in Thailand I stay in a real dive. Watch the movie "The Beach" the place he stays first night was way nice than place I stayed. I did not care at first because I was really tired from hiking out from the national park. After while I learned I was staying in psuedo-brothel. Prostutes and their clients came in and out all night log;nice! You got to love the authentic sleezy feel. My bed did not have a mattress, I learned, but instead was made up of couch cushions; I think. So I decided to splurge alittle and get a nicer room in Loas $7, but it was nice and clean.
Now I am in a hostel for 18,000 loas currency or about $1.80.
Tommorrow I planning go to Vietnam embassy and work on getting a visa and possible start heading south for twoish weeks. Then back to capital to get my passport and visa then up North two-ish days then Vietnam. That the plan, which probably will change tommorrow. That what you come to learn plans are tentive.

No comments: